today celebrity

Sheree Murphy Sings the Praises of Baby Yoga

Admitting that she “never wanted to be a housewife,” former Emmerdale actress Sheree Murphy remains exactly that while husband Harry Kewell is away on a soccer assignment in Turkey. The 33-year-old mom of three tells Closer magazine she’s “desperate to get back to work” when Harry returns to England. “I’m happy to do the school run in a tracksuit or jeans, but I do love dressing up and feeling glamorous again.” On those low-key days at home Sheree can often be found doing yoga with her youngest child, Matilda, turning 1 later this month.

“I used to dance at drama school and always found yoga too slow, but now I have kids I find it so relaxing – doing baby yoga sequences with Matilda is a simple and gentle form of exercise. Just swinging her in the tiger in the tree pose gets my arm muscles working.”

There are plenty of benefits for Matilda as well! “The slow movements can really soothe babies,” Sheree explains. “It can even help with trapped wind!” Diet is a big part of Sheree’s efforts to reclaim her pre-baby body, as well. “I’ve found it harder to shift the weight every time – in fact, I think I must have been on a diet ever since I became a mother at 26,” she laments. Because she breastfed each child, Sheree refused to count calories the first two months postpartum but since starting her latest diet she’s been “very disciplined.” So much so, Sheree says she’s even developed ways to avoid the biggest diet saboteur of all: “I stop myself from eating the children’s leftovers by pouring ketchup all over them or putting them straight in the bin,” she reveals. When all else fails, Sheree says she will resort to plastic surgery.

“I’ll definitely have a tummy tuck and a boob lift in the future, but Harry and I would like a fourth child, so I’ll wait until after that.”

In addition to Matilda, Sheree and Harry are parents to Taylor, 7 and Ruby Heather Toni, 5.

Ben Affleck’s Bundle of Joy

A beaming Ben Affleck keeps 7-week-old daughter Seraphina Rose Elizabeth safely under wraps while he and wife Jennifer Garner pick up big sis Violet Anne, 3 (both not pictured), in Santa Monica, Calif. on Friday. The couple, both 36, welcomed their baby girl on January 6th, revealing her name a week later. We’re still waiting for a peek at the newest Affleck! Milla Jovovich Creates Her Own Path In Parenthood A seemingly confident mother, who admits her daughter is “so into me right now,” Milla Jovovich certainly spent her expectant months preparing for the big responsibility. “When I was pregnant I read so many different books on parenting and philosophies on bringing up kids,” she reveals in Interview magazine. Although her search has not delivered a book that the first-time mom “really connected” with, she has created her own path down the journey of parenthood. “I find pieces from a lot of different ones that I relate to,” she confesses. While Milla has yet to come across a book that completely satisfies her parenting goals, she was fortunate to find a Resources for Infant Educators (RIE) believer in actor William H. Macy, who has two daughters with his actress wife Felicity Huffman. Over lunch, Milla and Bill have been known to spend “half our conversation[s]” on alternative parenting methods, discussing and exploring approaches to parenthood. Intrigued by RIE, Milla finds the hands-off approach to raising children “really interesting,” as parents encourage their kids to “make decisions” on their own. “It’s this philosophy that’s based on allowing kids to reach their potential without too many of your opinions involved, where you support them but at the same time you let them deal with things on their own. You don’t force them to do things. You really let them naturally do what they’re going to do.” One area where Milla has skipped the parenting books and followed her own family’s experience is that of potty training her 16-month-old daughter Ever Gabo. “Russians are pretty serious about potty training,” she explains. True to her culture, the proud mama reveals she wasted no time with her baby girl, saying “we’ve had Ever on the potty since she was like, four months old.” Despite their pediatrician’s reservations, Milla “comes from a different place,” one which, she says, has allowed Ever to be well on her way to leaving her diaper days behind her. “Every time she drinks, every time she eats, like half an hour after, she’s on the potty,” notes Milla. “I just have to be super on it. I’m telling you…Ever will come up and be like, ‘Uh-uh-uh.’ And I’m like, ‘Oh, potty?’” However, the model can’t help but joke about any lasting effects her parenting skills will have on her baby girl! “She’ll literally tell us [she has to use the potty]. I mean, it’s not all the time, but she does it. And now it’s like a game, because she’ll do that, and then I’ll say, ‘Potty?’ and she’ll go, ‘No,’ and run away. And then we’ll, like, chase her around the couch…She’ll probably hate me in 10 years.” Continue reading to find out why Paul Anderson is happy to have had a girl!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Spain by Gallery Celebrity 2008

Back to TOP